Thursday, July 19, 2007

Prez Says: The Lives That Touch Ours

The Prez Says… President Hinckley stated, “All of us, in our various situations, are the result, largely, of the lives that touch ours.” Every day we are affected, for good or ill, by those whom we come in contact with.

One reason that I love to come to church every Sunday is that my contact with the members of our ward encourages and inspires me to live more closely to gospel standards. While none of us is perfect, I see your goodness and your efforts to do your best in your lives. I see your willingness to serve one another, and to encourage each others’ spiritual growth. At weekly meetings I see the strong testimonies, dedication, and love that our good Bishop and priesthood leaders demonstrate for every member of our ward.

I love associating with each of you. It is a blessing for me to be surrounded by your influence. It helps me navigate through the challenges and temptations of the world. It helps me to want to do and be better. In 1 Thessalonians 2:4, Paul says that he speaks, not to please men, but to please God. I am continually touched by your actions and decisions that please God and help me to keep perspective in the clamor of the world. Feeling the Spirit at our meetings grounds me, and helps me stay focused on the things that really matter. I am thankful to be touched by your testimonies and works, I am grateful to you for helping me along the way on my journey, and I love associating with each of you.

No comments: